They love to sit on the wall and talk about how many people are dead in the cemetary and if they are buried 300 feet below the grass. And they always ask to go run around and holler down the graves "hello, are you dead in there yet." Weirdos...
Then it was off to the little German town in the north Georgia mountains. (Btw, did anyone else know that Helen is now doing Oktoberfest from Sept 11-nov 6!?! Guess they want to make sure everyone gets their shot at stale German beer with brats and sour kraut!
Helen Tubing was our choice for lazy river travel mainly because the boys wanted the pink tubes. At check in, the lady gave us our tickets and an option for 'push-off sticks' which I quickly renamed 'snake beater sticks'. It took us 2.5 hours to travel down the upper portion of the Chattahoochee river and it was a blast! The water was cool, we had nice shade and overcast skies, and lots of people watching to keep us entertained. Thankfully, the 'snake beater sticks' we're only used to push off rocks when we got stuck, but we did see a cute beaver!
Lastly, on our way home, I made the boys stop with me at Babyland General. Brings back all sorts of memories when I was a little girl with my cabbage patch dolls. I didn't have many because I wasn't too much into dolls but I did have a cool Koosa (more dog than baby doll) but none of the workers, or nurses, remembered them! It was still cute and we had fun walking around for a little while.












No comments:
Post a Comment